Become a Pro-Active Home Seller with Pro-Tek Inspections!
Buying a home is one of the biggest investments a person will ever make. As a seller, you can help prospective homebuyers feel more confident about their home purchase decision by having your listing inspected. By having an inspection performed before you list the home, you can plan ahead for any repairs of alterations of the selling price. This will make your buyer more confident in the purchase and keep pre-closing problems from hassling both parties. Knowing what defects are present at the initial listing creates enormous benefits:
- Prepares you for issues that an inspection for the buyer will reveal, giving you the opportunity to become aware of, and repair, property conditions so they don’t pose a problem when negotiating your sale.
- Makes your house more marketable and attractive to buyers because they know they’re working with a sincere and committed seller.
- Eliminates last minute repair hassles that could delay closing.
- Reduces the number of contingencies in a sales agreement, which makes closing easier.
- Decreases the possibility of unknowns, which may cause a sale to fall through.
- Gives you more control over the selling process.
- It will allow the agent and the Seller to discuss what items should be fixed and what should not.
- Substantiates your price, or may convince a Seller to rethink the asking price.
An inspection helps ensure that there are fewer surprises in a real estate transaction, because everyone involved becomes more familiar with the property’s current condition. A professional home inspection provided by the seller can create an atmosphere of good faith. By making repairs and disclosing to the prospective buyer the property’s condition up front, before negotiations begin, you can create a more relaxed atmosphere by instilling confidence regarding the home’s condition. This, in turn, may help your listing sell faster and closer to listing price. Pro-Tek Inspections, Inc. helps decrease hassles that can sometimes slow down or stop a sale.
At Pro-Tek, our full-time, professionally trained Client Service Staff is here to assist you beyond the inspection and final report. We offer telephone consultations to answer any questions and offer advice without any additional charges. Call our office and we’ll make all the arrangements for you!
As home inspectors, we commonly get asked “What should sellers do to prepare their residence for sale?” Consequently, we at Pro-Tek Inspections, Inc. have comprised this two page checklist to cover many items that can be taken care of with little or no cost. Addressing the following items will indicate to both the home inspector and prospective buyer(s) as well that the house has been properly maintained.
8 Tips to Get Top Dollar for Your Home
1. Take a close look at your home’s exterior.
You have only one opportunity to make a positive first impression with a buyer. Touch up any peeling paint, trim overgrown vegetation and keep the front entry clean and neat.
2. Spruce up the interior.
Paint is an inexpensive way to freshen up a room. Replace old carpeting with a neutral shade, repair leaky faucets and make certain all lighting is in working order.
3. Rearrange furniture for easy viewing of home.
By editing and removing extra furniture, your home will appear larger with clearly defined areas. Correct placement of large pieces optimizes room size and layout.
4. Highlight your home’s unique features.
Showcase a great view or an interesting architectural feature. Draw the eye to a large picture window or a beautiful mantel.
5. Neutralize the decor.
Make your home appeal to a broad spectrum of buyers by removing large collections, personal photos and anything remotely controversial. You want the buyer to visualize themselves living there.
6. Pack away clutter.
Your home will appear more spacious if you remove excess belongings. Clear kitchen counters, pack away books and organize closets so they are at least 1/3 empty.
7. Avoid strong smells, they can be a turn-off.
Refrain from using potpourri and preparing strong smelling foods during the marketing period. Many people are allergic or sensitive to powerful cleaners and air fresheners. Try to neutralize pet odors.
8. Keep your home clean.
Hiring a weekly cleaning service is worth the investment and will lower your stress level.